Nov 22, 2006

Fw: Great Story

I was walking around in a store. I saw a cashier
> hand this little boy his money back saying "I'm sorry,
> but you don't have enough money to buy This doll."
>
> Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to
> him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?"
>
> The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't
> have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.''
>
> Then she asked him to stay there for 5 minutes
> while she went to look around. She left quickly.
>
> The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
>
> Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who
> he wished to give this doll to.
>
> "It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted
> so much for this Christmas. She was so sure that
> Santa Claus would bring it to her,"
>
> I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus will bring
> it to her after all, and not to worry.
>
> But he replied to me sadly. "No, Santa Claus can't
> bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the
> doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my
> sister when she goes there,"
>
> His eyes were so sad while saying this. "My sister
> has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy
> is going to see God very soon too, so I thought
> that she could take the doll with her to give it to
> my sister.''
>
> My heart nearly stopped.
>
> The little boy looked up at me and said: "I told Daddy
> to tell Mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I
> come back from the mall,"
>
> Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he
> was laughing. He then told me "I want mommy to take
> my picture with her so she won't forget me."
>
>
> "I love my Mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave
> me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my
> little sister."
>
> Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes,
> very quietly.
>
> I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy.
> "What if we checked again, just in case you do have
> enough money?''
>
> "OK" he said "I hope that I have enough." I added some
> of my money to his without him seeing and we started
> to count it. There was enough for the doll and even
> some spare money.
>
> The little boy said: "Thank you God for giving me
> enough money!"
>
> Then he looked at me and added "I asked yesterday
> before I slept for God to make sure I have enough
> money to buy this doll so that mommy can give it to
> my sister. He heard me!''
>
> "I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white
> rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for
> too much. But He gave me enough to buy the Doll
> and a White Rose.''
>
> "My Mommy loves White Roses,"
>
> A few minutes later, the old lady came again and I
> left with my basket.
>
> I finished my shopping in a totally different state from
> when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.
>
> Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days
> ago, which mentioned of a drunk man in a truck, who hit
> a car, where there was one young lady and a little Girl.
>
> The little girl died right away, and the Mother was left in
> a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull
> the plug on the Life-assisting machine, because the
> young lady would not be able to recover from the coma.
>
> Was this the family of the little boy?
>
> Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read
> in the newspaper that the young lady had passed away.
>
> I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white
> roses and I went to the funeral home where the body
> of the young woman was there for people to view and
> make last wishes before the burial.
>
> She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white
> rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the
> doll placed over her chest.
>
> I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had
> been changed forever.. The love that this little boy
> had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day,
> hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a
> drunk driver had taken all this away from him.
>
>
> Now you have 2 choices:
>
> 1) Send this message.
>
> 2) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart.
>
>
> The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:
>
> "With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control,
> mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms
> tearing up the country from one end to another,
> and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks.
> "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out
> of the Pledge of Allegiance?"
>
> For those that prefer to think that God is not
> watching over us....go ahead and delete this.
> For the rest of us.....pass this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment